[vtkusers] Adding a vtkPoint

Jerome Velut jerome.velut at kitware.com
Mon Jul 9 08:34:48 EDT 2012

Hi,

One typical reason could be that your polydata is rebuild by the
algorithm that produced it. Thus even if you added a point to the output
of a filter, the next execution of the filter will not take into account
this addition.

Some solutions:
- write a filter that adds a point to a polydata input
- copy (deepcopy) the output of the filter into a new polydata and
modify the copy
- build a polydata with one point and use a vtkAppendPolyData filter
- ...

A minimal piece of code that reproduces this issue would be useful for
understanding...

HTH
Jerome