[vtkusers] vtkGPUVolumeRayCastMapper ATI FireGL - AMD FirePro V7900 fails

ianl ilindsay at insigniamedical.co.uk
Thu Jul 5 05:28:02 EDT 2012

Ok, I have got to the bottom of the problem we have - hopefully it is the
same for you.

The card we have has 3GB of graphics memory, VTK is storing the amount of
available bytes of memory in a signed int with the build settings we are
using, leading to it thinking the memory available is -1GB. The solution to
this is to recompile VTK with VTK_USE_64BIT_IDS on in the advanced section
of CMake. I had to clear my existing VTK build out first. This results in
vtkIdType being defined as a long long which then means the memory size
check works properly.

Hope this helps,

Ian