[vtkusers] vtkPointWidget errors

Luke Hetrick lhetrick at nnu.edu
Tue Jul 3 11:16:00 EDT 2012

Hello,

   I am trying to use the vtkPointWidget as a probe so I can get the
position/point ID's of a specific region so that I can use those points as
seed points later on in the pipeline. The problem is that the
vtkPointWidget has little example in C++ and the doxygen page is not much
use. I have placed the widget into my code but then I get this error:

        ERROR: In /home/hetrld/Project/VTK/Widgets/vtk3DWidget.cxx, line 74
        vtkPointWidget (0x268e140): No input or prop defined for widget
placement

On the doxygen page, I am told only to set the interactor to my current
interactor (which I have conveniently named iren like many of the
examples). I have done this and still get that error. I looked at the
python example and tried to pass in some data to the widget with either the
method SetInputData or SetInputConnection but neither of these actually
exist in the vtkPointWidget. Does anyone have any experience with this
probing widget that could help me figure out how to use it?