[vtkusers] Updating a vtkPoints pipeline

Jack Leigh leighman at gmx.se
Tue Jul 3 07:46:28 EDT 2012

Dear all,

I am trying to develop a system to display a number of vtkPoints. The difficulty I am facing is that I need to add and remove points over time.
Please could you advise on the best way to approach this.
I am currently using vtkRenderWindow and vtkRenderWindowInteractor and it looks like a callback setup with vtkCommand would be the way to go but I am struggling to find an example of this that is helpful to me. Do I need to update the whole vtkPoints -> vtkPolyData -> vtkVertexGlyphFilter pipeline and, if so, is there a way to access these via the Interactor or do I need to pass them all into the callback object.

Many thanks,

Jack