[vtkusers] how do I know if vtk is installed?

Sebastien Jourdain sebastien.jourdain at kitware.com
Tue Jan 31 08:47:10 EST 2012

There is no real standard way.

Some just copy the VTK library inside their JAVA_HOME/lib directory.
This will be an install step that could be embedded in your
application itself.
Or you have a "run" script that set the PATH/LD_LIBRARY_PATH in a
relative manner before starting your Java application.

It has been a while since I've looked into that, so maybe you can just
start a new thread to ask the community about that. "How to distribute
VTK with a Java application?"

Seb