[vtkusers] how do I know if vtk is installed?

Sebastien Jourdain sebastien.jourdain at kitware.com
Mon Jan 30 09:27:11 EST 2012

My idea is that you should embed/provide VTK with your software for
each platform as VTK is not distributed with the Java wrapping by
default...
And VTK can not be built statically with the Java wrapping. Moreover,
I'm not aware on how to use VTK without setting an environment
variable unless you have installed VTK in your path.

So another way to do that is to embed a VTK installer with your software.

Seb