[vtkusers] MRI MPR labelling ( L/R, A/P, S/I).

prakash kotre prakash.medsphere at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 04:48:29 EST 2012

Dear all,

finally I was able to make the 3D MPR with correct labels. Thanks for the
post
http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/vtkImageReslice-class-td1233015.html#a1233025

Which explained the conversions as well as the working of vtkImageReslice
filter.

look for below word in that post.
 x = T*M*x' where "T" is ResliceTransform and "M" is ResliceMatrix

My learning:

1) dicom is left hand system and vtk is the Right handed system. To convert
to and from
    create the vtkDataSet in nth image to first image. last image is
inserted at first and first image is inserted last in sequence.
2) Apply above formula to calculate the effective direction cosines for the
arbitrary plane.

Xeffective = Orientation*T*M
where :
             Xeffective : Effective direction cosine.
                        T : Reslice Transform.
                       M : ResliceMatrix of vtkImageReslice class.
                       Orientation : Dicom orientation read from data set.

This gave me the correct labelling with any rotations (oblique,double
oblique).

Once again thank you.

Prakash.
Learn to share and share to learn.