[vtkusers] line plot of scalar value on edge of polydata slice

nedc dnomdec.codes at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 14:28:36 EST 2012

Hi all,

I have a vtkpolydata surface.  I cut it using vtkCutter, and extracted the
point coordinates and the scalar values (let's call it "s") along the cut
edge.

I can print out the x coordinate and the s values and then use gnuplot to
make a scatter plot, but i cannot get a line plot by connecting the dots
because the output points are not ordered along the cut edge.  Does anyone
know how I can generate the line plot / order the edge points in VTK ?

Thanks very much in advance.

Ned