[vtkusers] FBO and vtk installation problems with Intel HD 3000

Tamás Nagy nagyt2 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 18 19:47:02 EST 2012

Hello everyone,
I am new to VTK and have serious problems with installing/configuring it. I overtook a project that uses vtk but had to move it on a new machine with different hardware. I configured, compiled and installed the vtk on the new machine as it was written in the readme.html. Everything is working except frame buffer objects.
The errors I got are: "FBOs are not supported by the context. Cannot use shadow mapping"
AFAIK Intel HD 3000 supports FBOs and glxinfo also shows the same:
http://pastebin.com/Ls6tt2HE
I really need to get this work, so any help is appreciated.
The computer has
Intel i7-2600K CPU containing Intel HD 3000 graphics
Ubuntu 11.10 operating system

Thank you in advance!
Br,
Tamas