[vtkusers] Fitting actors arranged in a plane to a curved surface

Ankit Khambhati akhambhati at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 15:19:12 EST 2012

Hi everyone,

I have a set of small spheres derived from sphere source whose centers are
distributed in the x-y plane. The distances between the spheres need to be
preserved. Now suppose I have a significantly larger sphere. Based on a
mouse-click I specify a point, normal to the large sphere, to place the
top-left-most sphere in the grid.

Are there any vtk functions that would allow me to automatically register
the remaining tiny spheres in the grid along the normal surface of the
large sphere such that original sphere grid is "warped" on the large sphere
with the inter-sphere distances preserved?

Thanks!

Ankit