[vtkusers] Merging UnstructuredGrids with different tolerance

Eric Buchwald eric.buchwald at rwth-aachen.de
Fri Jan 13 13:56:32 EST 2012

Hi!

I want to append 2 unstructured grids that fit in together as two pieces
of puzzle. The vtkAppendFilter works well, but at the planes where the
to grids are connecting to each other some points (that should be the
same point) are a little of. So I want to "clean" the created grid.

The problem is, that the created grid consists out of cells with very
different size. Having this the offset of those points is larger than
the size of some normal cells. So I need a cleaning/pointmerging
function that merges those point in respect to the corresponding cell.

Is there a merging function with cell dependant tolerances? I didn't
find anything. Since I'm new to VTK I hope that I just can't find it^^.

Thanks for the help!

Eric