[vtkusers] WebGL 3D Viewer Demo

Sébastien Valette sebastien.valette at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Wed Jan 11 10:50:26 EST 2012

Hi Sathish,

Le 10/01/2012 09:06, Sathish Kumar a écrit :
> Hi Sebastien,
>
> Nice work. I am very much interested to get some feedback about your
> experience.
>
> Are you splitting the 3D data into multiple files?
In our case, the data is just 3 .vtk files parsed by the JavaScript
client. One file for the skin, one for the bones and one for the lung.

> What is the size of 3D data file?
quite small in that case : about 200kB

> Is the 3D constructed at runtime?

the 3D scene is constructed by the client, there is no work on the
server-side, apart from serving the files. This is the simplest case of
use for us.

I did not know ParaviewWeb had webGL abilities, but at the moment, it
seems rather complex to install and to use. Maybe future releases will
improve that?

Sebastien

> Thanks,
> Sathish
>

> On Monday 09 January 2012 07:11 PM, Sébastien Valette wrote:
>> Hi Sathish,
>>
>> interesting webpage! It's good to finally see webGL stuff reaching
>> the VTK ecosystem! We also have developed something in our lab, see:
>>
>> http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/~valette/epaule/
>> <http://www.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/%7Evalette/epaule/>
>>
>> it is a primitive simultaneous visualization of IRM slices and
>> extracted parts of bones and lung. We've been doing this ourselves as
>> there was no practical library to do that at that time.
>>
>> Greetings,
>>
>> Sebastien
>>

>> Le 06/01/2012 05:49, Sathish Kumar a écrit :
>>> One of the features planned for Oviyam-5 is to view 3D images from a
>>> DICOM series and without a plugin using WebGL. We've just taken the
>>> first steps towards reaching that goal.
>>>
>>> A technology preview with pre-rendered images is available at this
>>> link <http://www.raster.in/demos/vtkwebgl/index.html>. Be patient
>>> while loading the 3D models, it may take few minutes to load.
>>>
>>> Technologies used: VTK, HTML5, WebGL, JSON, Javascript, JS-Unzip...
>>>
>>> *Features:*
>>> 1. Plugin-Free Design.
>>> 2. Supports all major modern browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Safari
>>> and Opera.(Use the latest versions available.The best performance is
>>> with Chrome and Firefox.
>>> 3. Supports IPhone, IPad and Android devices. However, due to the
>>> lack of memory, only the cube demo works at present
>>> 4. Load upto 36 MB of JSON 3D Data (Supports nearly 150
>>> instances/slices).
>>> 5. Zoom In/Out Option.
>>> 6. Pan Option.
>>> 7. One click Axial, Coronal, Sagittal Views.
>>> 8. 2D Rotation.
>>> 9. 3D Rotation.
>>>
>>> *Upcoming features:*
>>> 1. Data Compression(Zip/Unzip) support for faster data transfer.
>>> 2. Support for Handheld devices.
>>> 3. Look-Up Table to get colour.