[vtkusers] problem with VTK's Python bindings

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 12:39:57 EST 2012

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 10:03 AM, Yifei Li <yifli82 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I do have two versions of sip: one is from the system, and the other is
> installed by myself.
> All the SIP variables look right (pointing to my own sip):
>
> SIP_EXECUTABLE: FILEPATH=/tmp/yifli/bin/sip
> SIP_INCLUDE_DIR:PATH=/tmp/yifli/include
> SIP_PYQT_DIR:PATH=/tmp/yifi/share/PyQt4

Are you sure that sip.h is in /tmp/yifli/include?  And not in
/tmp/yifli/include/python2.6?

Note that setting SIP_INCLUDE_DIR might not help if sip.h is already
somewhere else in the include path.  For example, if the "wrong" sip.h
is in /usr/include then there might not be any easy way to get CMake
to use your sip.h.  Having multiple versions of sip.h on your system
can be a difficult issue to fix.

> This is the only place I have writable permissions  on, and the quota on my
> home is very limiting.

Then I hope that you run "df -k" every so often to make sure that you
aren't filling up the system disk.

 - David