[vtkusers] problem with VTK's Python bindings

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 11:28:56 EST 2012

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 8:24 AM, Yifei Li <yifli82 at gmail.com> wrote:

> RuntimeError: the sip module implements API v8.0 to v8.1 but the
> vtk.vtkFilteringPythonSIP module requires API v7.1
>
> Is the sip I have (4.13.2) too new for VTK? How do fix this issue?

You probably have two versions of sip installed on your computer.
Make sure that all of the SIP variables in your cmake cache are
pointing to the version of sip that you want to use.

Also, why are you building everything in /tmp instead of in a more
permanent location?  On many Linux/UNIX systems (including OS X)
the contents of /tmp are erased whenever the computer reboots.

 - David