[vtkusers] How to Install Q4VTKWidgetPlugin for QT Creator

Clinton Stimpson clinton at elemtech.com
Mon Feb 13 10:26:55 EST 2012

On Sunday, February 12, 2012 06:10:27 pm Ahmad wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Does anyone know how Q4VTKWidgetPlugin (.cxx and .h) can be installed in QT
> Creator so that QVTKWidget can be inserted from the toolbox in QT Creator?
> The source and header files are in GUISupport\Qt folder in VTK. I am using
> QT4.8.0, VTK 5.8.0, and Visual Studio 2008.
>
> The reason I want to install this plugin is that even when I /promote
> /QWidget to QVTKWidget in QT Creator, I will get the build error:
> "c:\qt projects\recongui\ui_mainwindow.h:27: error: C1083: Cannot open
> include file: 'qvtkwidget.h': No such file or directory".
> I thought installing that plugin may resolve this problem.

The only thing the plugin would do differently is put "QVTKWidget.h" in the .ui
file instead of the "qvtkwidget.h" you put in yourself by promoting the
QWidget.  If you inspect the .ui file after using the plugin to create the
widget or after promoting the QWidget, there is no difference.

Since Windows doesn't care about case sensitivity, your problem is that you've
not specified the include path to QVTKWidget.h for compiling your project.

--
Clinton Stimpson
Elemental Technologies, Inc