[vtkusers] Help on Selecting a Proper QT Widget For VTK rendering

Ahmad falahatpisheh at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 16:04:38 EST 2012

Hi All,

I have designed a form in QT. The form has a tree and a /graphics view
widgets/. Each item in the tree will produce a different render. I have not
coded it yet and I would like to make sure if I am on the right track.

My question is that whether QT graphics view widget is a proper QT widget in
which VTK renders. In my case, since rendering space in my form does not
occupy the whole window in the form and shares the space with a tree widget,
what would be the best and most efficient way to render to a specific area
in the QT form? Is QT /graphics view widget/ the only option? I would
appreciate any suggestions.

Ahmad