[vtkusers] Accessing vtkPolyData scalars with Python

bberkowi benjamin-berkowitz at uiowa.edu
Thu Feb 9 16:53:21 EST 2012

Hi, I have a vtkPolyData file that I get from another python program.  It has
x, y, z coordinates like usual but it has a scalar associated with each
cell.  How can I access that scalar value on a cell-by-cell basis?

Specifically, if I wanted to use a 'for' loop to run through each cell and
delete the cell if the scalar value was above a certain predefined value.
Thanks!