[vtkusers] Surface triangulation from nodes AND normals

alejandro castro alejandromigcastro at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 13:46:09 EST 2012

I have a set of points and the surface normals at those points. I can
additionally tell what points belong to the surface boundary.
>From this information I would like to triangulate this surface. What would
the best approach be? Is there a specific vtk method/filter that I could
use for this?
Would anybody have a similar source code example?

I have seen that vtk offers the vtkSurfaceReconstructionFilter. However, I
think I could solve this problem in a more efficient and robust way given
that I have this extra information (normals and boundary points).

thank you in advance.

A.