[vtkusers] Problem with QVTKWidget2 / QVTKWidget

bastiencat bastiencat at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 29 11:18:30 EST 2012

Hi all,

I'm sorry in advance for my poor english.

I'm going to explain my problem.

Currently, I use a QVTKWidget with a vtkImageViewer to display dicom images
on my Qt application.

It works great but I'd like to draw onto the widget, for example drawing a
line etc...
All my attempts are failed concerning the using of paintEvent with a
QVTKWidget.

I read recently that it's impossible to draw onto a QVTKWidget so I replace
my QVTKWidget by a QVTKWidget2.

But now I can't display my widget into my main window. The image is
displayed in a new window, even thought this widget is add on a parent
layout...

I tried many solutions but nothing works...

So I'd like to know how can I do to displayed correctly my QVTKWidget2 into
his parent widget, or maybe have you a solution to draw onto a QVTKWidget ?

Thinking you in anticipation,

Yours sincerely,

Bastien.