[vtkusers] wrap java on Mac Air

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Wed Dec 19 11:10:21 EST 2012

On Wed, 19 Dec 2012 02:39:18 -0800, Ilan said:

>Thanks for the reply. I'm not a Mac expert. I am using CMake 2.8.9.

You really should install CMake 2.8.10.2 (the newest), it contains important fixes for recent Xcodes.

>What
>exactly do I need to do in order to make vtk without using xcode? Is there a
>make which replaces CMake?

These days, Xcode.app is a standalone application that does not install command line tools in the usual places that are present in your PATH.  But you can install the command line tools from Xcode's preferences or a separate install:

<http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ#Why_does_CMake_not_find_my_Xcode_compiler_on_OS_X_with_the_Unix_Makefiles_generator.3F>

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com