[vtkusers] The vtkVectorText's Problem

huangz2350 huangz2350 at 163.com
Fri Dec 7 05:02:01 EST 2012

Hi All

Thanks for yours help, I am inspired by yours idea.
I have some preliminary thoughts based on your recommendations. I hope your can give me more good ideas. Thanks

Before explanation My demands:
I want Insert on a vtkImageActor(e.g:a Jpeg Reader's actor),When I pick,ZoomIn,ZoomOut and pan,they(vtkImageActor and Insert's Texture) can be responsed.

My thinking Solve's Way:
1. Use vtkTextWitgets: The Class can chang size and move,But it is a 2D-Object(vtkTextActor 's subClass), it can't be response to ZoomIn,ZoomOut and pan ,So I want create a callback for mouseWheel Event By interactorStyle.Is this way feasible?
2. According to Dave recommendations to use vtkTextActor3D:I used it before,but it seems to be a experimental Class.What questions do use?
Can it respond to pick,ZoomIn,ZoomOut and pan? I tried it ,it seem can't be picked(I use vtkCellPicker).

I wonder if you have any good suggestions, give me some inspiration.
I wish yours good idea.

Thanks again.