[vtkusers] The vtkVectorText's Problem

Najzero adrian.gabriel at 4plus.de
Thu Dec 6 02:58:31 EST 2012

Hello again,

sorry to hear, and this is a difficult topic.
Whenever someone asks about the vtkVectorText there are rarely answers on
the mailing list and I believe not very many programmers are using the
vtkVectorText class.
This might be due the fact that they simply display the textual information
on the rest of the gui and not within the 3d/widget/windows itself.

The only way I could imagine you can get this 3d results would be using the
vector text but supplying the glyphs yourself.
This will require alot of effort, since you would need to use a 3rd Party
libary to generate the glyphs/points/vectors on the fly ( e.g.
http://www.njph.f2s.com/dxfontutils/ ).
This is really brute force and depending on how often you change the look of
the font itself very slow.

I am too very interested on how vtk volks display the kind of text you
require for your program.
Because the given class is very limited (it only supports ascii codes from
31 to 126 in default ;-) )

Best regards
Adrian