[vtkusers] activiz vtkPolydataAlgorithm

Benjamin Jähn jaminus_jahnatos at freenet.de
Sat Dec 1 04:58:11 EST 2012

I found a topic where someone was able to inherit successfully from a
Activiz/vtk class.

[QUOTE]
Note: All classes are static, that's the reason why you cannot inherit
from any wrapped vtk class.
But as I learned a few days ago there's a way to extent a static class.
If you like I can show you how to do that.
[/QUOTE]
http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/vtkCallbackCommand-in-ActiveViz-td5714143.html#a5714197

And there is also an example how the guy managed it to do that. The
example he wrote worked for me but I have tried it with another class
and I get a InvalidCastException at the constructor.

    public class myCommand : vtkCommand
     {
         private vtkPolyData Points;

         public myCommand()
         {
             Points = vtkPolyData.New();
         }

         //public override void Execute(vtkObject caller, uint eventId,
IntPtr callData)
         //{
         //    base.Execute(caller, eventId, callData);
         //    Console.WriteLine("Callback!");
         //}
     }

I did not understand so far why this not work and the other example works.