[vtkusers] Module auto-initialization problem

David Thompson david.thompson at kitware.com
Tue Aug 28 19:22:29 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I'm trying to use vtkMathText in an application (which happens to be ParaView, but I'm not sure that matters) and have added the vtkRenderingMathText and vtkRenderingMatplotlib kits as dependencies to the executable. However, the auto-init function that registers the vtkObjectFactory overrides (so that matplotlib's subclass of the vtkMathTextUtilities class is created by default) at startup is not being called, unlike the corresponding auto-init for vtkRenderingOpenGL.

Is there something else I need to do beyond linking? The build of VTK that the application links against generates a vtkRenderingMatplotlibCxxTests executable that behaves properly, so the module itself appears to be functioning properly.

	Thanks,
	David