[vtkusers] "Convert" output of vtkImageExtractComponents to a vector?

Cory Quammen cquammen at cs.unc.edu
Tue Aug 28 17:11:21 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I am using vtkImageExtractComponents to produce an image with three
components per pixel. I would like to treat these three components as
a vector field to pass to vtkGlyph3D. However, the data coming out of
vtkImageExtractComponents is treated as a scalar field rather than a
vector field, so I can't orient the glyphs according to the vectors in
this data array.

What might I do to get vtkGlyph3D to recognize this three-component
image data as a vector so that it can orient glyphs along the vector
direction? I'm assuming it's something simple, but everything I've
tried doesn't work.

Thank you in advance,
Cory

--