[vtkusers] synchronize model view transformations between opengl and vtk windows

Jana Sefcikova neollie at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 16:28:43 EDT 2012

Hi Dan,
Hm, do you desing Opengl world using approach 'rotate/scale/translate
objects' or inverse 'rotate/zoom-out,in/translate opositly camera' ?
There is one more thing, that could also have influence perhaps , different
interactor style :
vtkInteractorStyleTrackballCamera, vtkInteractorStyleTrackballActor.
Also matrices can be premultiplied or postmultiplied in vtk (if you are
using them) ...

> Also I think that if you preset both contexts to same initial composition
> > (modelview matrix or perhaps only view matrix), than you could use only
> > vtkCamera::SetUserTransform and vtkCamera::GetUserTransform (for model
> > matrix) for synchronization.
>
> Earlier, I tried this, but this screws up the default light - it
> starts following the camera instead of being fixed.
>
> It is possible to set lights to do not follow camera if they are of type
headlight or camera light : vtkRenderer::LightFollowCameraOff. But I am not
sure in which space than they are initially defined.

Thanks again for your valuable suggestions.
> Dan

 Find equivalence is not very easy, I spent lot of time with it and still
have not sure image of it... So good luck with this.
Jana