[vtkusers] Job positions available at radART

Philipp Steininger phil.steininger at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 04:40:13 EDT 2012

Hello,

The institute for research and development on advanced radiation
technologies (radART) of the Paracelsus Medical University (PMU) in
Salzburg, Austria is actually hiring software developers / researchers.

We are a research institute committed to research and development in the
field of external photon and particle radiotherapy, especially to the field
of enabling, integrated robotic and image guidance solutions. We focus on
translational research, which goes hand in hand with development of our
medical product radiotherapy system "open-radART".

We are currently looking for software developers / researchers who
vigorously contribute to our current projects in particle and image guided
radiotherapy.

We expect (must haves):
- Strong foundation on C++ (or C# or Java which makes it easy for you to
move to C++) and image processing
- Degree (MSc) in Computer Science, Physics, Bioengineering or equal
- Knowledge on CMake, Qt, ITK, VTK, Microsoft Windows (Windows XP, Windows
7)
- Good understanding of software design and software life cycle processes
- Innovative thinking and rapid prototyping
- Good teamplayer capabilities and experience in solving real world problems
- Good English skills (written and spoken)

We would appreciate (nice to haves):
- More-years experience in research and/or industry in medical imaging /
applications context
- Founded medical physics / image guidance background in the field of image
guided radiotherapy and/or image guided surgery
- Proven list of reference software projects to which the candidate
contributed
- Proven research record of the candidate in image processing / medical
physics in radiotherapy / medical imaging context
- Extendend experience and knowledge on Qt, ITK, VTK
- GPU programming understanding and experience (e.g. CUDA, openCL or GLSL)
- Knowledge on Linux (Debian-based distributions)
- Founded knowledge in robotic solutions
- Understanding of code written in Delphi
- German skills

We offer:
- Opportunity to work with a young and motivated team of researchers and
developers in the field of next generation radiotherapy software solutions
for both particle and photon therapy
- Collect a considerable amount of experience in developing translational
medical software for use in clinical environment
- 40 hours / week full-time position (5 weeks holiday per year)
- PhD (Medical Sciences) program at the Paracelsus Medical University in
parallel with your job

If you are interested in becoming a part of our team, do not hesitate to
contact us:

jobs at open-radART.org