[vtkusers] Is VTK really so inefficient?

tdexplorer meilizhuti at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 13:51:56 EDT 2012

Thanks Najzero for your input. I would not mind you taking side because I am
deciding on side myself...

The bug on BlankPoint/BlankCell should not be new since I saw a post on the
issue from 2004.

The ability to blank cells/points is essential to me to allow users to see
the part of interest based on any properties array and any given value
range.

I haven't tried vtkBlankStructuredGrid yet, but according to the manual it
only works on "point attribute data array".  So it does not work on "cell
data array"?

Detailed Description
translate point attribute data into a blanking field
vtkBlankStructuredGrid is a filter that sets the blanking field in a
vtkStructuredGrid dataset. The blanking field is set by examining a
specified point attribute data array (e.g., scalars) and converting values
in the data array to either a "1" (visible) or "0" (blanked) value in the
blanking array.