[vtkusers] Is VTK really no inefficient?

Najzero adrian.gabriel at 4plus.de
Fri Aug 3 03:30:26 EDT 2012

I am not taking sides here, but 500k cells is not so... few. So its clear to
me that you get a bad performance using filters.

For your setBlank problem - i believed this worked right ages ago.

Boiled down this is done by vtkBlankStructuredGrid class and works like
this:
create vtkBlankStructuedGrid and vtkFloatArray for your Scalars
setInput of blankStructuredGrid via your pure structuredGrid
set min/max values for blanking in blankStructuredGrid.

An example in TCL (but I guess convertable) can be found here:
http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/Graphics/Testing/Tcl/blankGrid.tcl?root=VTK&content-type=text/plain

Its been ages since I had to do blanking (I simply dont write them into
structure) so I am not sure if this bug is new