[vtkusers] rendered hedgehog disappears while interacting with the window

cel02000 cel02000 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 16 16:41:21 EDT 2012

Hello all,

I have a structured grid which contains 3 vectors. I have a problem with
using vtkHedgehog. It may be a stupid question. I have spent a lot in fixing
them but I couldn't find any solution.

After rendering the hedgehog, for some zoom in/out or rotating, the
hedgehoge disappears. I set the active vectors to the corresponding vector.
As an example, after rendering the hedgehog and zooming in by using mouse
scroll wheel four times, the hedgehog becomes hidden and zooming out one
mouse scroll wheel brings the vectors into the window again. Can it be due
to the level of details for hedgehog? I am saying this because the outline
is always shown and only the hedgehog disappears.

It is also not because of rendering in a QVTKWidget. To test the hypothesis
of problem of QVTKWidget, I tested a vtkSphereSource and it is rendered
perfectly without any problem such as disappearing while interacting with
the window by mouse.

Thanks.