[vtkusers] Missing arrays after adding several arrays and vectors to a structured grid

cel02000 cel02000 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 16 14:07:26 EDT 2012

Dear All,

I have a vtkStructuredGrid data named sgrid. I have several functions which
uses sgrid as their arguments as a pointer. Each of these function adds a
new array or a vector to sgrid.

function A ---> Adds a vector"A" having 3 components
function B ---> Adds an array "B" having 1 component
function C ---> Adds an array "C" having 1 component
function D ---> Adds a vector "D1" having 3 components and an array "D2"
with 1 component
function F ---> Writes "D1" to a file.

After the function D, when my code wants to write "D1" to a file, the first
vector is missing and some of the tuples of vector D1 have very weird value
which is *-6.27744e+066,-6.27744e+066,-6.27744e+066*. Please also find below
the information that sgrid->Print() provides.

after function A:
    Number Of Arrays: 1
    Array 0 name = *A*
    Number Of Components: 3
    Number Of Tuples: 3375

After function B:
    Number Of Arrays: 2
    Array 0 name = *A*
    Array 1 name = *B*
    Number Of Components: 4
    Number Of Tuples: 3375

after function C:
    Number Of Arrays: 3
    Array 0 name = *A*
    Array 1 name = *B*
    Array 2 name = *C*
    Number Of Components: 5
    Number Of Tuples: 3375

after function D:
Number Of Arrays: 4
    Array 0 name = *B*
    Array 1 name = *C*
    Array 2 name = *D1*
    Array 3 name = *D2*
    Number Of Components: 6
    Number Of Tuples: 3375

After function D, I can't see the vector "A". Maybe that is why some of the
tuples have weird values.

I would be grateful if someone could help me.