[vtkusers] VTS structured grid problem

rmvictoria rarvic at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 15:03:50 EDT 2012

Hi all. This is my first time to encounter VTK since our professor required
us to use ParaView in visualizing data. So I'm manually writing a VTS file,
typing values, etc. The data basically has 1D domain, and at each point,
there is a scalar attribute value, which is repeated on multiple timesteps.
So what I expect to have is a 3D graph (space-attribute-time). The problem
is, when I open the VTS file in ParaView, the SCALAR attribute values stack
below the POINTS column, and in my SCALAR column, all values are zero.

Hope that someone can answer this soon. Here is the sample VTS file, the
real one has more data entries.

# vtk DataFile Version 2.0
Structured Grid
ASCII