[vtkusers] Announce: VTKADA 5.10, QTADA 4.8.1

Leonid Dulman leonid_dulman at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Apr 10 03:49:24 EDT 2012

I'm pleased to announce

VTKAda version 5.10  free edition
VTKAda is Ada-2012  port to VTK (Visualization Toolkit by Kitware, Inc) and Qt4 application and UI framework by Nokia
ParaView 3.14.0 (VTK version 5.10.0), Qt version 4.8.1 open source and qt4c.dll(libqt4c.so) were builded with Microsoft Visual Studio 2010  in Windows
and gcc  in Linux x86
Package was tested with gnat gpl 2011 ada compiler (-gnat12 option) in Windows XP Sp3 32bit, Windows 7 Sp1 64bit and Debian 5 x86

VTKAda is powerful 2D , 3D rendering and imaging system and works inside Qt4 application.

Current state of VTKADA is 35490 procedures and function distributed in 579 packages.

Current state of QTADA  is 11686  procedures and function distributed in 321 packages.
There are many new packages and examples in this release.

VTKADA you can use without QTADA subsystem
QTADA is ada port to Qt4 framework and can be used as independent system.

More information you can get from  paper "Modern application development with Ada"  or a little Ada-2012 tutorial
"Ada yes,yes,yes" in  site.

My arm is to build powerful system not only for professional Ada programmers, but for scientists, engineers, students
and others people. So I tried  to build a system as simple as only possible.

 Ada from one side is very simple and powerful language and VTKADA is easy to use powerful Visualzation and GUI
subsystem.  Many of new examples is science oriented: diagrams. pies, graphics plotting, tables and others.

VTKAda and QtAda for Windows and Linux (Unix) free edition are available from
http://users1.jabry.com/adastudio/index.html

Sources and prebuild VTK 5.10.0 and Qt 4.8.1 for win32 and x86 , you can found on my DVD "ADASTUDIO 2012" ,if you are interested to get this DVD tell me know

I'm doing this work on my own risk.
I hope my work will be useful for Ada community  and open for any forms of cooperation.

Leonid Dulman (leonid.dulman at gmail.com)