[vtkusers] Extracting edges and lines

andreas buykx A.Buykx at tnodiana.com
Tue Apr 10 03:37:50 EDT 2012

Hi all,

My application uses a vtkUnstructuredGrid to represent a finite element
mesh. I want to be able to show element edges, also for elements that are
represented by a vtkLine. However, all the filters that extract edges, such
as vtkExtractEdges and vtkFeatureEdges do not extract edges for lines, I
suppose because vtkLine returns 0 for the number of edges.

What is the best way to extract the edges of lines together with the edges
of 2D and 3D cells?

Thanks for your help!
Andreas