[vtkusers] vtkPowerCrustSurfaceReconstruction unresolved external symbol

Bayliss, Chris (Chicago) cbayliss at gnresound.com
Thu Apr 5 14:29:20 EDT 2012

Bill,

I have added the vtkpowercrustsurfacereconstruction.cxx line to the cmakelists file.  I should mention I have also moved the Powercrust header and .cxx files to the Hybrid directory, following a post from Tim Hutton suggesting this would work.

I have re-run cmake and built vtk with these modifications with no errors, however, my project which uses the PowerCrust algorithm still produces the following link error.

Error	1	error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static class vtkPowerCrustSurfaceReconstruction * __cdecl vtkPowerCrustSurfaceReconstruction::New(void)" (?New at vtkPowerCrustSurfaceReconstruction@@SAPAV1 at XZ) referenced in function _main	C:\Program Files\VTK\TPS\TPS.obj

Do I need to modify the cmakelists file in my project directory somehow?  The hybrid directory has already been included in that file, I would think that should be sufficient.  I am not sure what else to try.

Your help is much appreciated.

Chris