[vtkusers] vtkExtractSelection returned failure for request: vtkInformation ???

Andreas Buykx A.Buykx at tnodiana.com
Wed Sep 28 03:37:20 EDT 2011

Hi all,

My pipelines produce the following error messages:

ERROR: In /usr4/tmp/3rdPartyStuff/build/builds/vtk-5.8.0-source/Filtering/vtkExecutive.cxx, line 753
vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline (0x2279700): Algorithm vtkExtractSelection(0x222b820) returned failure for request: vtkInformation (0x2286070)
  Debug: Off
  Modified Time: 38327
  Reference Count: 1
  Registered Events: (none)
  Request: REQUEST_DATA_OBJECT
  ALGORITHM_AFTER_FORWARD: 1
  FORWARD_DIRECTION: 0
  FROM_OUTPUT_PORT: 0

What does this mean? Each of my pipelines has a vtkExtractSelection as first component. The pipelines that produce this message are embedded in a pipeline class that is used throughout my product. I have several groups of instances of these pipeline classes and only one group produces the messages. and its input connection is always a data set (a vtkUnstructuredGrid or a vtkPolyData). The output port is connected to either a vtkAlgorithm input or to a vtkMapper. I have tried the debug output of the input data sets and the vtkExtractSelection filters, but this didn't really help.

Thanks for your help!
Andreas Buykx
Senior Software Engineer

TNO DIANA BV
Software Developers and Analysis Consultants for Civil and Geotechnical Engineering

Delftechpark 19a, 2628 XJ, Delft, The Netherlands
Tel: +31 88 34262 15 (Direct) │ Tel: +31 88 34262 00 (Switchboard) │ +31 88 34262 99 (Fax)
http://tnodiana.com<http://tnodiana.com/>

...be green keep it on screen

TNO DIANA BV is a limited liability company registered in the trade register of the Chamber of Commerce as TNO DIANA BV with registered number 27252655.