[vtkusers] Compiling VTK with Mingw64 ?

Blaine frikker at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 18:14:01 EDT 2011

Hi everyone. I've been trying for what seems like weeks to get VTK to
install. I really need help!

I used the exact same mingw64 install that Ashika used, and the latest git
pull from VTK.

I did the following in CMAKE (2.8.x):

   - enabled shared libs
   - disabled testing
   - enabled QT
   - (reconfigure)
   - enabled QT openGL

That's it! I have QT 4.7.4 installed and I think it works.

Now what happens is "ld.exe" apparently hangs and crashes during compile.
see this link: http://i.imgur.com/0m4hy.png

----------- Vanilla Compile ------------
If I don't change CMAKE at all and use all default params, it does the same
thing (ld.exe hangs at 16%).

This is a new build computer and I'm not sure what's going on.
any suggestions?

Blaine