[vtkusers] vtkImageReslice axes direction, based on a vtkPlane

Tijmen Klein T.R.Klein at student.rug.nl
Wed Sep 21 05:42:50 EDT 2011

Hello Everyone,

I have a volume that I cut off using a vtkPlane
(volume->AddClippingPlane()), which works really well. But sometimes I also
need to show to cut itself. First I tried to use a vtkCutter for this, the
geometry of the output is fine, but the texture is incorrect.

So I'm now used a vtkImageReslice, which gives the desired output. However,
the textured plane of the output does not always cover the whole area of the
vtkCutter. For example, see this image:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27566470/slice_and_cut.png The red bar indicates the
geometry of the vtkCutter, the blue plane is the slice of the
vtkImageReslice.

How can I make sure that the output of vtkImageReslice covers the whole
vtkCutter? I have the feeling that my current method is too complex. I want
an output that is equal to the output of creating a slice in Paraview.

Cheers,
Tijmen