[vtkusers] Compiling VTK with Mingw64 ?

Ashika Umanga Umagiliya aumanga at biggjapan.com
Tue Sep 20 04:22:12 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I applied Christians patch to the latest code in VTK git.But during
compilation , it gave following error.

------------------------
[ 79%] Building CXX object
VolumeRendering/CMakeFiles/vtkVolumeRendering.dir/vtkVolumeRayCastSpaceLeapingImageFilter.cxx.obj
[ 79%] Building CXX object
VolumeRendering/CMakeFiles/vtkVolumeRendering.dir/vtkGPUVolumeRayCastMapper.cxx.obj
[ 79%] Building CXX object
VolumeRendering/CMakeFiles/vtkVolumeRendering.dir/vtkHAVSVolumeMapper.cxx.obj
[ 79%] Building CXX object
VolumeRendering/CMakeFiles/vtkVolumeRendering.dir/vtkProjectedAAHexahedraMapper.cxx.obj
[ 79%] Building CXX object
VolumeRendering/CMakeFiles/vtkVolumeRendering.dir/vtkProjectedTetrahedraMapper.cxx.obj
C:\git-checkouts\VTK\VolumeRendering\vtkProjectedTetrahedraMapper.cxx:
In function 'void vtkProjectedTetrahedraMapperTransformPoints(const
point_type*, vtkIdTyp
e, const float*, const float*, float*) [with point_type = long int, vtkIdType =
long long int]':
C:\git-checkouts\VTK\VolumeRendering\vtkProjectedTetrahedraMapper.cxx:98:6:
internal compiler error: in ix86_vectorize_builtin_vec_perm_ok, at
config/i386/i386.c:30247
Please submit a full bug report,with preprocessed source if
appropriate.See <http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
mingw32-make[2]: ***
[VolumeRendering/CMakeFiles/vtkVolumeRendering.dir/vtkProjectedTetrahedraMapper.cxx.obj]
Error 1
mingw32-make[1]: *** [VolumeRendering/CMakeFiles/vtkVolumeRendering.dir/all] Err
or 2
mingw32-make: *** [all] Error 2

Any guidance please.

umanga