[vtkusers] camera matrix for vtkCamera initialization

peterm madapeti at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 07:52:35 EDT 2011

Dear list members,

I need to do renderings from specific camera configurations using a set of
camera matrices. So far I know vtk does not support direct specification of
these, so I have created a custom derived class from vtkOpenGLCamera, and a
custom renderer derived from vtkOpenGLRenderer using the custom camera.
The custom camera has the GetViewTransformMatrix and
GetProjectionTransformMatrix functions redefined, so that they return an
internally stored matrix that can be accessed from outside.

The proposed solution does not work (as the rendered image is the same no
matter of the selection of the user specified view and projection matrices).

My question is if someone else could point it out, is there should be
another means of using custom camera matrices, or whether there should be
ways to get the current approach working.

Peter

P.S. the GetViewTransformMatrix and GetProjectionTransformMatrix do get
called at the rendering