[vtkusers] VTK 5.8 and HDF5

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Tue Sep 13 15:35:23 EDT 2011

This comment peaks my interest.

#--------
VTK now contains HDF5 1.8.5, which has been migrated out of ParaView. This allows VTK developers to easily utilize HDF5 storage in their readers. In future VTK releases, we will integrate HDF5 storage into vtkNetCDF as well.
#--------

Is there any actual "storing of VTK Objects" in HDF5 files yet? I have a side project that attempts to do this (vtk Structured Points and vtk Poly Data so far) and _if_ there is already a vtk standard in place to do this I would really like to sync up my readers/writers so they conform to the vtk/hdf5 spec.

Comments?
Mike Jackson                      www.bluequartz.net
Principal Software Engineer       mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
BlueQuartz Software               Dayton, Ohio