[vtkusers] Start-up performance of hardware renderers

Simon ESNEAULT simon.esneault at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 04:44:32 EDT 2011

Hi Ian,

See this mail :
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2010-November/112994.html

and this bug report
http://vtk.org/Bug/view.php?id=11391

I bet it's the same "bug" that affect's you.
With an ATI card, the only solution you've got in VTK for a GPU volume
rendering is the vtkVolumeTextureMapper3D class, but you will need to hack a
little bit to make it work properly (fast). See instruction in the link
above.

Good luck, do not hesitate if you need some help.

Simon

Simon Esneault
13 rue Vasselot
35000 Rennes, France