[vtkusers] ClipClosedSurface

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 10:07:22 EDT 2011

ClipClosedSurface ignores the point scalars, in fact it does not even
pass them to the output unless PassPointData is on.  It generates
cell scalars with the name "Labels" or "Colors" if you called
SetScalarModeToLabels() or SetScalarModeToColors().

In any case, your initial problem was almost certainly caused by
connectivity issues.  Try vtkCleanPolyData and let me know if it
helps.  You can also try vtkTriangleFilter, since an STL file contains
only triangles and no other kinds of polys.

 - David