[vtkusers] ClipClosedSurface

Laurent l.paul at uclouvain.be
Fri Sep 2 06:18:49 EDT 2011

Hi David, Hi all,

I have met an issue using ClipClosedSurface.
I need to compute areas from cut meshes. The meshes are cut by a plane, and
I want to compute the clipped areas. ClipCLosedSurface works well on the
original meshes, perfect. The issue is when I want to compute the common
surface from two meshes.
I have computed the intersection between both meshes, and I have applied
ClipClosedSurface using the same plane. The generated surface is not
correct. The generation stops at the junction between mesh1 and mesh2, but I
don't know why.
I have looked at the wiki page and found some problems to be solved in the
future. Do you think it is related?

Thanks,
Laurent.