[vtkusers] change imagedata during runtime

Hikaruchan Sandra.Schroetter.fl at ait.ac.at
Thu Oct 27 09:17:41 EDT 2011

Hi!

I am new to VTK, and maybe it is an too simple question, but I do not get it
work. Hope you can help me.

I have an application with four renderviews (three 2D, one 3D), where I show
my different MRI Slices (sagittal, coronal and axial, and in 3D all of
them). Now I wanted to make a new Imagedata (which is no problem) and draw
to it (which is no problem). After a user input I change some of the scalars
of the imagedata (using GetScalarPointer()), but my changes are not
displayed. I called

electricDensityIma->Update(); //thats the vtkImageData

after I have made my changes to imagedata.

I don't know if it is important, but I make my image, then put a
vtkImageGaussianSmooth on it, then a vtkImageMedian3D then a vtkImageReslice
and so on.

But I don't get it work, that the display is updated. Hope someone can help
me and explain me how a imagedata can be changed during runtime and correcty
updated and displayed.

Thank you in advance and please excuse my bad english. :-)