[vtkusers] Mapping of XDMF data centered on Faces

Aleix Baez Vidal aleix at cttc.upc.edu
Thu Oct 27 08:19:05 EDT 2011

Hello;

I am user of the 3.10 4-bit version of Paraview, mainly using it to
visualize CFD from Finite Volumes Methods. In my lab we are really
grateful about your work since it enables us to go advancing in our
massive parallel CFD schemes.

Recently, we have passed from the vtk format to the hdf5 with xdmf
because it gives us some advantages. However, we have found that the
xdmf reader of our version Paraview would not read data centered on
Faces.

I have checked
http://www.kitware.com/news/home/browse/Paraview?2011_09_14&VT+5.8.0
+Released
and It seems that support for polyhedron cells has been added,
but in the Features page I could not make sure that I could do what I am
trying to with this new release. Hence, as it would be really useful for
us, I would like to know if it is in the aim of developers to include
this possibility in some future release and, if not, I would like to
encourage them to do so.

By the way, I am not familiar with graphics software to the point to try
to develop new features by myself so I am not considering to
contribute.

Thank you a lot for your work, it really pushes our capabilities
forward.

--
Aquest missatge ha estat analitzat per MailScanner
a la cerca de virus i d'altres continguts perillosos,