[vtkusers] vtkImageReader - SetDataSpacing - What is it doing?

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 18:29:28 EDT 2011

Hi Sean, Bill,

I doubt that there are any physical units used in the volume mapper
(though it would help to know what volume mapper is being used here...
"vtkVolumeMapper" is an abstract class).

My suspicion is that you need to set the SampleDistance of the mapper
to match the voxel spacing.   With the ray cast mappers, for instance,
the SampleDistance should be around the minimum pixel dimension... so
around 0.04.  The default SampleDistance is 1, which would only sample
every 20th voxel along the view ray.

 - David