[vtkusers] vtkImageReader - SetDataSpacing - What is it doing?

Sean Larkin sean.larkin at lickenbrocktech.com
Fri Oct 14 17:14:34 EDT 2011

From: Sean Larkin [mailto:sean.larkin at lickenbrocktech.com]
Sent: Friday, October 14, 2011 4:14 PM
To: 'Bill Lorensen'
Subject: RE: [vtkusers] vtkImageReader - SetDataSpacing - What is it doing?

That's what I'm thinking as well.  I understand that if the pixel spacing is
larger the opacity may change, which would change the rendered image.  But ,
if I adjust the opacity function I can never get as good an image as with
larger pixel spacing.  Maybe with smaller pixel spacing there are fewer rays
cast to produce the image?