[vtkusers] can't set interactor style in QVTKWidget using Python

Yifei Li yifli82 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 10:31:44 EDT 2011

Hi all,

In my application, GraphicsWidget derives from QVTKWidget and is added to
the main window.

First problem, I can rotate, pan and zoom the camera, but GraphicsWidget
does not respond to any key press, such as 'e' to exit application, or 'r'
to reset camera. Why is that?

Second problem, I want to change the interactor style of GraphicsWidget, so
in GraphicsWidget.__init__, I did:

self.GetRenderWindow().GetInteractor().SetInteractorStyle()
However, I got  'AttributeError: SetInteractorStyle'

Yifei