[vtkusers] Displaying a Chart in a Renderwindow

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Wed Oct 12 09:50:16 EDT 2011

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 9:35 AM, HansAusBremen <hansausbremen at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> since I can't get
> http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkSpiderPlotActor.html
> vtkSpiderPlot(Actor)  to function
> http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/vtkSpiderPlotActor-labels-are-too-small-td4849441.html
> the way I want it to , I looked for something else and found
> vtkParallelCoordinatesActor which did not fit my needs at all.
> But there seems to be
> http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkChartParallelCoordinates.html
> vtkChartParallelCoordinates  doing the exact same thing much better.
>
> My problem is to integrate this chart into my existing Renderwindow. Is
> there a way to link it to a renderer? Or to the Renderwindow directly?
> In the given
> http://vtk.org/gitweb?p=VTK.git;a=blob;f=Charts/Testing/Cxx/TestParallelCoordinates.cxx
> example  a vtkContextView is used. Could I link the view to my Renderwindow?

See,

http://vtk.org/gitweb?p=VTK.git;a=blob;f=Charts/Testing/Cxx/TestChartsOn3D.cxx

For an example of drawing a chart as an overlay on top of a 3D scene.
I have not gotten interaction with both working yet, but that is on my
list of things to get working (need to sit down and chat with the
widget guys to come up with a plan there).

Marcus